PELHAM, N.Y. – Pelham artists have been given a one-week extension to submit applications to have their work displayed at the Pelham train station as part of the MTA Metro-North Railroad Capital Program.
Applications will be accepted through Friday, according to a flyer from the Metropolitan Transit Authority.
One person will be chosen for the project from a pool of four finalists, the flyer said.
Artists will be judged on the quality and appropriateness of their images. Finalists will also be given details about the site, and details from which to create a proposal. Finalists will be paid $1,000 for each proposal. Prior experience will not be considered.
The budget for the design and fabrication of the artwork is approximately $100,000 to $110. The budget includes an artist fee of up to 20 percent of the final art project cost. As part of this fee, the selected artist will be required to submit a budget, produce completed designs, obtain stamped engineering drawings and oversee the fabrication and installation of the artwork, according to the Metropolitan Transit Authority website.
The artist will make reproduced metal designs for the station’s platform railings and entrance canopy the flyer said.
People interested in applying again after doing so within the last year only need to send a letter. Those who have new work need to write "update" on their new packages.
Artists must submit the following items:
• A CD-ROM containing up to 20 images in JPEG format, size: 5 inches high by 7 inches wide, 150 dpi or 300ppi. Compact disks must be labeled with names, phone numbers and emails and include the following documents in word, or PDF format. Those not able to provide a CD need to contact the MTA for assistance at email@example.com.
• A JPEG list with your name, phone number, email, and title, medium, size, and dates, of each image. Applicants are asked to include a copy of this list on their CD in word or pdf format.
• A resume and a brief statement not exceeding one paragraph that describes the artist’s artwork. This statement is included as part of the presentation of the work to the selection panel. Artists must also include this on their CD in Word or PDF formats.
Materials will not be returned. Submissions must be postmarked by Friday, and sent to: MTA Arts for Transit, Re: MNR Pelham Station, 347 Madison Ave., 5th Floor, New York, NY 10017.
Direct inquiries to Arts for Transit by fax or email to: (212) 878-7492, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Final selections will be mailed by Nov. 30.
- 1 Pelham Manor, Pelham Rank Among Nation’s Best 100 Suburbs
- 2 Former Pelham Star Landis Keys Notre Dame's Return To NCAA Final Four
- 3 Pelham's Picture House Celebrates Its Spring Fundraiser
- 4 Westchester School Budgets Get OKs From Voters
- 5 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens