RYE BROOK, N.Y. – Three friends from Westchester and the Bronx will be splitting a $1 million second prize Powerball win, the New York State Lottery reported Thursday.
Anthony Criscione of Rye Brook, Michael Giuffre of the Bronx, and Frank Mondrone of Pelham Manor have been friends for 30 years and began buying Powerball tickets together more than 10 years ago. On July 11, their winning numbers finally came up.
All three winners said they plan to use their portion of the winnings to help their families. Mondrone will receive half of the $1 million lump sum payment because he was in charge of buying and checking the group’s tickets. He said in a prepared statement Thursday, "It's nice to win with friends. It's a big accomplishment.” After required withholding his net check will total $330,900.
Criscione and Giuffre will split the remainder of the prize. Criscione will receive a net check totaling $165,450, and Giuffre's net share totals $155,760.
The winning numbers from the July 11 Powerball drawing were 5-22-36-49-55, Powerball 23.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Snow Likely In Pelham On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Pelham Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Raising Social Consciouness -- and Serving Thanksgiving Dinner -- In Pelham
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Pelham