PELHAM, N.Y. -- Registration is now open for fall classes at Pelham's The Picture House Regional Film Center, for students of all ages.
The fall curriculum includes learning opportunities in acting, screenwriting, directing and podcasting.
"We have been working hard at The Picture House to reinvent and reinvest in our education programs and we're excited to offer a number of new and diverse classes for all ages this fall," said Director of Education Francile Albright.
"Our programs have been designed to grow with students and will progress from beginning to advance levels so students can build their filmmaking skills from year to year. Plus, we've added new professional and award-winning instructors to our already fantastic teacher roster while making our prices much more affordable."
"The education program at The Picture House is built on a deep respect for the power of cinema and its capacity to expand our understanding of the world around us," said Laura deBuys, executive director and president of TPH.
Fall classes include the following:
- On-Camera Acting I -- Tuesdays, Sept. 20 to Nov. 15 -- grades 3-5 and 6-8 -- "This class is the perfect way to get comfortable in front of the camera and explore what it's like to be an actor," organizers note.
- Improv/Sketch Comedy -- Tuesdays, Sept. 20 to May 29 -- grades 6-8 and 9-12 -- Free this year, this class is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students will do improvisation and sketch-writing exercises and have live monthly performances.
- Evening Film Club -- Wednesdays, Sept. 21 to May 30 -- grades 9-12 -- This free class is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students will meet industry professionals and produce, write, direct and shoot a short film.
- Movie Making I, Make a Trailer -- Thursdays, Sept. 22 to Nov. 17 -- grades K-2, 3-5 and 6-8 -- Students will get an introduction to the process of making a movie, learning about elements of storytelling, storyboarding, camera technique, movie trailers and film vocabulary.
- Podcasting I -- Thursdays, Sept. 22 to Nov. 17 -- grades 6-8 and 9-12 -- Students will learn the basics of starting their own podcast.
You can find more in-depth class descriptions and enroll here, or enroll by calling 914-738-3161 or emailing email@example.com.
All fall classes begin the week of Sept. 20, at either TPH's restored 1921 theater, at 175 Wolfs Lane, or the Satellite Film Lab, 253 Wolfs Lane.
Members at the Family Level and above receive a 10 percent discount on all classes. Limited scholarships are also available for qualified students.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.