PELHAM, N.Y. -- The Picture House is offering an array of film education classes for teens for the fall semester.
All sessions begin the week of Monday, Oct. 6, and take place at The Picture House’s 1921 theater, 175 Wolfs Lane.
Here are some of the classes offered:
- Advanced Acting and Directing (grades 6-8): Students for this advanced program will have the maturity and the passion to create short films together as a company. The class will focus on the techniques of acting, directing, story boarding and camera skills. Actors and directors will receive separate instruction and then work collectively as a production company. Wednesdays, 5:40-6:40 p.m., Oct. 8, through Dec. 3.
- Evening Film Club (grades 9-12): Enrollment is limited to 10 students. Students in grades 9 through 12 who are interested in a deeper involvement with filmmaking can join The Evening Film Club. This dynamic and interactive yearlong course is held weekly from October through June in The Picture House's screening room. Students are immersed in the inner workings of film production as they move through the cycle of writing, casting, directing and producing their original short feature. Mondays, 6:45- 8:45 p.m., October through June.
- Improv and Sketch (grades 9-12): Explore improvisation, comedy, sketch writing and performance. Take a deep dive into character creation and development, comedy techniques and performance. Students work with their counterparts in the high school filmmaking class as they perform for film and live on The Picture House Community Stage. Mondays, 6:45-8:45 p.m.; Oct. 6 through Dec. 8.
Members at the family level and above receive a 10 percent discount on all education classes. Limited scholarships are available for qualified students. Enrollment is open online at www.thepicturehouse.org or by calling 914-738-3161 or emailing email@example.com.
- 1 Pelham's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Pelham Man Charged With Drug Smuggling May Seek Deal
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures