PELHAM, N.Y. -- Actress Isabella Rossellini and director Benh Aeitlin will be honored as the Pelham Picture House Regional Film Center holds its Big Night: The Picture House Spring Gala this Saturday at the Westchester Hilton.
“We’ve gathered an impressive and accomplished group of honorees for our Big Night Gala,” says gala Chairwoman Ann Sorice of Pelham. “Like The Picture House, they are visionary leaders in the film world, both in terms of their creative accomplishments and their support for independent films.”
The award winners are:
- Rossellini, star of such films as "White Nights," "Blue Velvet" and "Big Night," will receive the 2013 Harold Lloyd Industry Distinction Award. The daughter of Ingrid Bergman and Roberto Rossellini, she is a model, actress, film-maker, producer, entrepreneur and author.
- Zeitlin, director of the Academy Award-nominated film "Beasts of the Southern Wild," will receive the Next Generation Film Award. It is given to a filmmaker who, through their work, characterizes the future of the art of film.
- Andrew Jarecki, who produced and directed the Academy Award-nominated "Capturing the Friedmans," will receive the Harold Lloyd Film Visionary Award. He also directed the 2010 film "All Good Things" and has made a number of acclaimed short films. He was also the co-founder of Moviefone.
- Tom Peer, a founder of The Picture House, member of the board of directors and a Pelham resident, will receive the Harold Lloyd Commitment to Community Award. He was a significant member of the team who led the effort to save and restore the historic 1921 theater.
Honorary co-chairs of the fundraising event are Kathleen Corton, Eugene Jarecki and Matthew Modine. The master of ceremonies will be actor Neal Huff, a former Pelham resident.
The Picture House has been a fixture for more than 90 years and was restored and reopened in 2011. It is now a hub for the best in new, independent and classic cinema.
“The Gala is an opportunity for us to thank the region for rallying in support of an iconic film house that is a treasured resource for all of southern Westchester County,” John Calvelli, chairman of the Board of Directors, said in a statement. ”Now it’s time to take it to the next stage, so we can continue to offer innovative films and educational programming and present the best movies in the industry using the latest technology.”
The Big Night: The Picture House Spring Gala will be held Saturday at the Hilton Westchester, 699 Westchester Ave., Rye Brook. It begins at 6:30 p.m. with cocktails and silent auction. Dinner and presentation of the 2013 Harold Lloyd Awards and Introducing the Next Generation Film Award will begin at 8 p.m. That will be followed by a live auction, dessert and dancing to the Nat Osborn Band. Attire for the event is nightclub chic. Tickets start at $250 per person.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 3 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Pelham
- 4 Former PepsiCo Executive's Drug Bust Tops Week's News In Westchester
- 5 Gang Members Charged With Murder, Other Felonies In White Plains Court