PELHAM, N.Y. -- The Pelham Art Center is set to host a Hungarian Folk Arts event on Sunday, March 16.
The program begins at 1:30 p.m. at the Art Center, 155 Fifth Ave. in Pelham. The event includes Hungarian music, dancing and an egg decorating workshop. The program is part of the Pelham Art Center's Folk Arts Series and comes in partnership with Balassi Institute - Hungarian Cultural Center.
"Listen to a live band and watch traditional Hungarian dancers," representatives said. "Learn the traditional Hungarian art form of egg decoration in a hands-on art-making workshop. This colorful, culture-rich event is free and open to the public. Join us to learn more about the Folk Arts of Hungary."
Hungarian National Day is celebrated annually on March 15 to recognize the Revolution of 1848, which led to the independence of the Hungarian Kingdom from the Austrian Empire.
To learn more about the program, residents are asked to visit the Pelham Art Center website.
- 1 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 2 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 3 Pelham's Picture House Hosts Advance Showing of '5 To 7'
- 4 Snow Could Return To Pelham For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash In TV Interview