PELHAM, N.Y. -- The Picture House will present a special advance screening of the psychological thriller, "The Maid’s Room," on Wednesday, July 23, at 7:30 p.m., ahead of its opening nationwide on Friday, Aug. 8.
The film, which was written and directed by Michael Walker ("Chasing Sleep," "Price Check"), had its world premiere last fall at the Hamptons International Film Festival. The screening will be hosted by Picture House critic-in-residence Marshall Fine and will be followed by a discussion of the film with Walker and star Paula Garces, who plays the lead role of Drina.
Garces, Harold’s true love Maria in the "Harold and Kumar" series, came to national attention in Jonathan Frakes’ "Clockstoppers" and has been seen in the feature films, "Man of the House," "Spin," "Life with Mikey" and "Dangerous Minds," as well as on television in "The Guiding Light,"
"Defying Gravity" and "The Shield."
"The Shield" garnered Garces a 2008 and 2009 Alma Award nomination as Best Supporting Actress.
To attend the event, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 917-903-1964.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient
- 2 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 3 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 4 Jeanine Pirro's Westchester Home Is Listed At $4.99M
- 5 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says