PELHAM, N.Y. -- The Picture House will present a special advance screening of the psychological thriller, "The Maid’s Room," on Wednesday, July 23, at 7:30 p.m., ahead of its opening nationwide on Friday, Aug. 8.
The film, which was written and directed by Michael Walker ("Chasing Sleep," "Price Check"), had its world premiere last fall at the Hamptons International Film Festival. The screening will be hosted by Picture House critic-in-residence Marshall Fine and will be followed by a discussion of the film with Walker and star Paula Garces, who plays the lead role of Drina.
Garces, Harold’s true love Maria in the "Harold and Kumar" series, came to national attention in Jonathan Frakes’ "Clockstoppers" and has been seen in the feature films, "Man of the House," "Spin," "Life with Mikey" and "Dangerous Minds," as well as on television in "The Guiding Light,"
"Defying Gravity" and "The Shield."
"The Shield" garnered Garces a 2008 and 2009 Alma Award nomination as Best Supporting Actress.
To attend the event, RSVP to email@example.com or call 917-903-1964.
- 1 IRS Warns Pelham Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Pelham Resident Debuts His New Film, 'Sun Belt Express' At Picture House
- 3 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 4 Unsafe Lane Change Cited Is In I-95 Crash That Killed National Guard Member
- 5 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck