NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – New York Archbishop Timothy Dolan will be honored at the annual benefit gala for the Ursuline Mission's Adult Learning Center on March 7 in New Rochelle.
“We are grateful that His Eminence has acknowledged the wonderful work of The Adult Learning Center, and all of us involved with organizing the event are delighted to honor him with The Spirit of Angela Award,” said Sharon Parente, president of the organization’s board of directors.
The award, inspired by a painting of St. Angela Merici, foundress of the Ursuline Order, acknowledges the importance Cardinal Dolan’s role in the church’s service to those in need.
The 16th annual fundraising dinner will be held at the Fountainhead, 55 Quaker Ridge Road, New Rochelle. Emmy-winning broadcast journalist Jane Hanson will serve as master of ceremonies. The event will include entertainment, dancing, a silent auction and raffles.
Funds raised at the event will benefit The Adult Learning Center, a non-profit that seeks to boost the economic and social empowerment of low and moderate-income lower Westchester residents.
Through the center’s programs, recent immigrants can learn basic skills and written and spoken English as well as prepare for U.S. citizenship.
For additional information or to purchase tickets, call 914-633-7298 or email email@example.com. Sponsorship opportunities are available.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 3 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, Westchester DA Says