WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Wall Street Journal is looking into the growth of Facebook, founded by Westchester County native Mark Zuckerberg, as the social media website celebrates its 10th anniversary this year.
Zuckerberg, 29, was born in White Plains, raised in Dobbs Ferry and briefly attended Ardsley High School.
He created Facebook in 2004 as a student at Harvard University, which was famously depicted in the 2010 film, "The Social Network."
Zuckerberg has since been named "Time" magazine's Person of the Year and Facebook is valued at $153 billion.
- 1 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 2 Opt-Out Debate Rages As State Testing Begins In Westchester
- 3 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 35 Percent In Pelham
- 4 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates
- 5 Westchester County Exec Astorino Shares Why His Kids Will Opt Out