PELHAM, N.Y. – The Pelham Chamber of Commerce is not holding a Small Business Saturday event this weekend, President Shiv Dawadi said, but individual small businesses may have their own events.
Dawadi’s own business, Verizon Wireless at 235 Fifth Ave. is one participating.
The status of other businesses is not known.
The Pelham chamber has never participated as a whole.
Small Business Saturday is a shopping day put together by American Express that urges consumers to stay local when shopping during the sales-crazed Thanksgiving holiday weekend. The Business Council of Westchester is also encouraging communities to "shop small" and take part in the event Saturday.
“With so many retailers offering deep discounts and opening their doors on Black Friday or even on Thanksgiving night, it is difficult for smaller retailers to compete,” Marsha Gordon, president and CEO of the Business Council of Westchester, said in a press release. “This Saturday, we will be supporting the smaller shops in our county, many of whom are our members, and we urge residents to do the same. It is crucial that we support these businesses to keep our local economy moving.”
- 1 Pelham Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 2 Raising Social Consciouness -- and Serving Thanksgiving Dinner -- In Pelham
- 3 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 4 Snow Likely In Pelham On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Suspect In Theft Of Fur Coats From Greenwich Saks Nabbed In New Rochelle